Wed June 19, 2013
A Message from Mayor Williams
Village government is responsible for providing residents with local services they expect and deserve. On a daily basis, Lynwood municipal employees in the Public Works, Police, Fire and Building Departments along with those working in the Mayor’s and Village Clerk’s Offices are serving residents and meeting the variousneeds of the community. I believe that all of the services our Village provides have a positive impact on the quality of life that we enjoy in Lynwood.
As you read through the many editions of our Lynwood newsletters, you will find other examples of why our community offers opportunities for experiencing a good quality of life. A partial list of the Village’s quality of life assets includes:
• Many residential developments still under way throughout the community, a telling sign that families wish to move into Lynwood.
• A new public library building with many amenities.
• Improvements in Village water and sewer infrastructure and equipment.
• Well-trained and professional public safety personnel.
• Good schools, proudly demonstrating student success.
• Well-maintained parks and recreation areas.
• A Senior Citizen Center offering a variety of activities and phase two of the residential complex exclusively for senior citizens south of Glenwood Lansing Road.
• Activities for our children, including Little League and other sports, and programs.
The Village also is attracting new business and commercial developments. A major commercial project is underway at the north end of the community, and we anticipate additional development to be generated by the Joe Orr Road extension project. The Village has been informed by Cook County that construction contracts will now be let for phase 1 of the new Joe Orr Road to Torrence Avenue in 2011. New Joe Orr will at some point extend through the eastern section of Lynwood to Main Street in Munster, Ind. The new Joe Orr Road thoroughfare will provide motorists with a direct east and west route through our community. I believe the extension project will be a catalyst for additional development and Joe Orr Road will be an important commercial corridor here.
I hope that you agree with me that we are enjoying a very good quality of life in Lynwood. As always, if you have suggestions or comments, please contact me at 708-758-6101.
3/7/2013 - 12/31/2013Chicago Tribun News Article
Please click the above link to see the CHicago Tribune Article on the New Joe Orr Road.
5/9/2013 - 12/31/2013Village of Lynwood Comprehensive Plan Study
Comprehensive Plan for the Village of Lynwood. Click the link below to get involved and stay informed.
|VILLAGE OFFICIALS | DEPARTMENTS | DIRECTORY | NEWS | SCHEDULES/EVENTS | CONTACT US|
© 2001-2013 Village Of Lynwood All rights reserved